Retired working dogs make great pets. Before adopting a dog, please consider the following questions and they may help you to decide what age or type of dog is going to be the most suitable for you:
- how much exercise you can give it?
- how much garden you have?
- do you have children or grandchildren?
- do you have livestock?
- do you have other pets?
- are you in a rural or urban area?
- what type of fencing do you have?
- how long would the dog be alone during the day?
- are you an active person or family?